Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year. I sincerely hope that it is a healthy, happy, and prosperous one for you.

I recently learned of a southern tradition of eating black-eyed peas on New Years for a healthy and wealthy one. I've always lived in Wisconsin, and have never heard of it. I've not been wealthy yet. But I've never eaten black-eyed peas on New Years. Coincidence? I don't know. This year I'm gonna give it a try. I'm not even sure I've ever eaten black-eyed peas.

I bought the fixings for a dip Pioneer Woman posted. Hubby is out of town, and being skeptical of trying anything new, he was glad when I told him what I was planning. He's in Florida helping to construct a new zoo in Tampa, FL, so he's an hour ahead. Here's our text conversation:

Hubby: Happy New Years from here baby.
Me: Awwww. Thank you. You too. Now gobble up some black-eyed peas!
The Hubster: Lol. You'll have to eat some for me.
Me: K. Will do. I hope they taste good...
Mr. Pessimistic: Good luck
Me: Lol

Me: They're cute. They must be good. [with attached photo to the left]
Him:  Mmmmmm
Me: Are you being sarcastic?
HIM: yep.
Me: Lol. Ass. I have to eat double!
Me: Black beans look like big rabbit turds and they're delicious...

Still awaiting a response...




I wish you all the best in upcoming year, and want to let you know how grateful I am that you have stopped by to read the nonsense I've written from time to time. I love you for it. Tell your friends if you like it. Tell your enemies if you don't.  Hugs and kisses.

Talk to you soon.
Angela










hmph...still no response.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...