|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
This is another fun topic this week. When the hubby asked what it was and I told him, he looked quizzically at me and asked, "Do you read any sites that aren't about books?" "Uh, yeah," I replied, "remember the girl that farted at the gym?" In which I was referring to a post that Dooce did quite a while ago that read to him on a road trip. Ahhhh, good times.
So with my morning coffee I read:
1. Dooce - Mommyblogger extraordinaire, Heather Armstrong writes Dooce and it's pretty funny, albeit sometimes raunchy. If you're offended by farts, poop, or boobs, you won't like her. She's just released her third book, Dear Daughter: The Best of the Dear Leta Letters
2. The Pioneer Woman - I love reading Ree Drummond. Self-proclaimed accidental country girl. She writes about her life on the ranch with her cowboy husband, whom she calls Marlboro Man and their four kids. She has some awesome giveaways, too. I've never won, but maybe someday.
Speaking of giveaways, brings me to another of my favorites:
3. Pacing the Panic Room - Ryan and Cole Marshall seem like the most awesome people in the world. They have two children, LB (Littlest Buddy) who has SMS, and Tessa, the most adorable little girl. Oh, I could go on and on about this site, just go check it out. His tumblr, All the Love in the Universe, is pretty great too.
Ryan is a photographer and did the book trailer for the book Instant Love: How to Make Magic and Memories with Polaroids. He's hosting a FANTASTIC giveaway at his site in which he's teamed up with Land Cameras and is giving away a copy of the book AND a complete kit to get you started shooting instant film.
Here's the trailer for Instant Love:
4. Attack of the Redneck Mommy - Tanis Miller is a Mommyblogger who started her website in 2006 after the sudden death of her youngest son. Tanis is zany to say the very least and her blog is a fun read.
5. Daddy Scratches - Oh. My. Gosh. Laugh-out-loud, pee-your-pants funny!
6. Because I Said So - I discovered the stylings of Dawn Meehan when she was selling some slightly used Pokemon cards on eBay. She has written a couple of books and has since divorced her husband and is raising her six kids by herself in sunny Florida (from Chicago).
7. Single Dad Laughing - This is a recent discovery of mine. Dan Pearce writes about his adventures with his son, Noah.
Ohhh, the ANXIETY. I only have three more sites to share. My list contains much more than three. Crap, which will make the cut?
8. Pinterest - Ok, Pinterest has to make the cut considering how I'm so hopelessly in love with it right now. You can find me here on Pinterest. If you'd like an invite to sign up, just let me know. Happy to send one.
9. Twitter - I'm fairly new to Twitter too, but I'm loving it!
10. I Google stuff about four billion times a day, so I suppose that will have to be my last one :(
What are your favorite websites? I'd love to hear about 'em.