Friday, August 3, 2012
My First Blog Award. Yeah!
Paula, from The Culture Enthusiast tagged me for the Liebster Award. It's my first award, and I couldn't be more thrilled! Check out Paula's site sometime. It's a beautifully eclectic mix of movies, books, and art.
The rules for this award are pretty simple. Award winners have to share 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the person who tagged them, and then come up with their own 11 questions for the 11 bloggers that they tag in the award. I think I can handle this.
Alrighty then, 11 random facts about me:
1. I LOVE bacon. and butter. Where this comes from, I have no idea. I will blame the butter-love on geography. I live in Wisconsin. The bacon? Well it just tastes soooo good.
2. Coffee or tea? Definitely coffee. I drink gallons of it. Cream; no sugar. I like tea if I'm not feeling well. Chai is my favorite.
3. I love to cook. Not bake so much. I HATE doing the dishes.
4. I'm a Scrabble addict, so yes, I usually have a couple of games of Words With Friends going at any given time.
5. I love to garden, both flowers and vegetables.
6. I'm not real fond of my toes. Don't get me wrong, they do their duty for balance and well putting on socks and shoes, but they're chubby. Some women have perfect toes that always look lovely in open-toed sandals. Not mine. I have been know to refer to them as meatballs.
7. I'm on Twitter and Pinterest, but don't have a Facebook. I'm afraid of yet another time-suck.
8. My oldest child (a boy) is 22; my youngest (a girl) is 16.
9. Actually my youngest is my 8-year-old Boston Terrier, Chester. He knows he's the baby. Spoiled rotten.
10. I've been married for 18 years. Not all bliss, but lots of it.
11. I'm a Jeopardy! junkie, usually the family relinquishes the remote to me for a half hour everyday to watch. Aren't they sweet?
Here are Paula's 11 questions for me
1. What are your most treasured books?
Oh, I have a beautiful, old copy of Jane Eyre with wood-cut illustrations that I absolutely love.
2. What books have you read more than once?
To Kill a Mockingbird. Usually I re-read about once a year.
3. What’s your favorite bookstore?
Man, bookstores are closing faster than I can discover new ones. Right now my choices relatively near me are Barnes and Noble or Half Price Books. I like to browse the books sections in thrift stores too.
4. Do you buy books online?
5. Do you stop reading books half way through?
Definitely. I read someplace that life's too short to read mediocre books. My dear mother in law will trudge through till the very end, even if she hates it. Not me.
6. What’s the last movie you watched?
Slumdog Millionaire was on tv before the start of the Olympics. It was the first time I had seen it. I thought it was really good. The last newer movie I rented was One for the Money. Funny as the book? No, I didn't think so. But I thought it pretty dang good.
7. What’s your favorite genre?
I don't have an absolute favorite genre. It would be easier to for me to list what I don't generally reach for, which would be sci-fi and horror.
8. In which movie/book would you like to live in?
For a movie it would be Steel Magnolias. So southern and fun with close knit friends you can always count on.
9. Which character do you think has a great style?
This is a tough one. I'm drawing a complete blank. Next question while I hope something pops into my head.
10. Do you go to the movies by yourself?
I wouldn't have a problem going to movies by myself, but I prefer wait for the DVD and watch them at home. I can pause it for a snack, bathroom break, etc. and not miss anything.
11. In the movies: popcorn or no popcorn?
Yes, please. With extra, extra butter. See #1 of random facts about me.
I award the Liebster to the following blogs that I think are fantastic (in no particular order, I love them all).
1. Cassandra @ Great Munchie Reads
2. Jenny @ Mimosa Stimulus
3. Nina @ Nina Reads
4. Abbi @ Christian Novels
5. Laura @ The Scarlet Letter
6. JoAnne @ The Fairytale Nerd
7. Kate @ Books are My Favourite and Best
8. EvilEva @ Nancy Drew is My Homegirl
9. Lauren @ The Housework Can Wait (I agree, it really can)10. Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library
11. Scarlett @ Books Before Bed
Here are my questions to the new winners of the Liebster Blog Award:
1. What is your favorite book ever?
2. What is your favorite genre of movies? (comedy/ romance/ suspense/ horror/ action...)
3. Which is the one television character that you adore?
4. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
5. Favorite snacks? (sweet or salty)
6. Do you prefer e-books or the old-fashioned books with a spine?
7. What was the last book you read that made you cry?
8. Do you watch the Olympics? If so, what is your favorite event to watch?
10. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
11. Do you play an instrument?
I would love to learn more about you. It would be great to see your answers to any or all of the comments below.
Thank you all, so much, for stopping by my neck of the blogosphere. It means the world to me.