|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
I'm behind, yet again. No surprise there. I don't have any personal tips for new bloggers. I've been blogging for only just about a year. But The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, posted some great tips awhile back that I love. So here are her Ten Important Things I've Learned About Blogging:
1. First of all she says to be yourself and write in your own voice.
2. Blog often, kind of like watering a plant. Keep at it so it has a fighting chance of blooming.
3. Be varied and change things up a bit to keep your readers engaged.
4. Exercise more to counteract the sedentary nature of sitting in front of a computer.
5. Allow your boundaries of what you will share with your readers to set themselves.
6. Do what feels right for you.
7. Don't be afraid to embarrass yourself.
8. Use spell-check and proper grammar, and if alerted by readers of mistakes, don't be offended. Be gracious.
9. If struck with a gnarly case of writer's block. Write anyway. Something.
10. Value every person who takes time out of their day to stop by your blog.
With that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for checking out my Top Ten.
Technorati claim token: F6ZDM287UWCC