Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jaycee Dugard's New Chapter

UPDATE 7.12.11. You can watch the entire haunting interview here. It's sickening how the justice system has failed in this case. But we MUST have hope that this will NEVER happen again.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaycee Dugard's celebrity is, unfortunately, tied to her haunting story of being kidnapped, raped, and held captive for 18 years. But she is moving through the new chapters of her life with her babies and has written a memoir that chronicles her hellish ordeal. A Stolen Life: a memoir will be released July 12th. Jaycee sat down with Diane Sawyer for an exclusive interview that will air this Sunday night. I watched a bit of it here. Jaycee's resilience and courage is truly inspirational and I wish her the very best.
A Stolen Life: A MemoirIn the summer of 1991 I was a normal kid. I did normal things. I had friends and a mother who loved me. I was just like you. Until the day my life was stolen.
For eighteen years I was a prisoner. I was an object for someone to use and abuse.
For eighteen years I was not allowed to speak my own name. I became a mother and was forced to be a sister. For eighteen years I survived an impossible situation.
On August 26, 2009, I took my name back. My name is Jaycee Lee Dugard. I don’t think of myself as a victim. I survived.
A Stolen Life is my story—in my own words, in my own way, exactly as I remember it.



1 comment:

  1. She is a true reflection of what the human spirit can overcome; best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...