Monday, July 16, 2012

Free eBook for July

Oh. My. Gosh. I am so stinkin' behind this month. I completely forgot to post the free ebook for July. I have about a billion "notes to self" on interesting items I wanted to share with you all, but somehow none of them got done. I blame the heat. The God-forsaken heat.

And beetles. I just took a peek at my garden, and some nasty little beetles decided that they would take up residence in the green beans. UGH! A garden has not been easy this year. We are smack-dab in the middle of a drought here in Southeast Wisconsin, so it's been quite a struggle to keep the gardens hydrated, but not over-watered. Apparently the damn beetles are happy with my work :(

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of them? Preferably with handy household solutions, not pesticides. I'm all ears, and would sincerely appreciate a solution before my beans are destroyed.

Anyway, back to the free ebook from the University of Chicago Press. This month (what's left of it) the freebie is the travel notes of Philip Graham in his book The Moon Come to Earth: Dispatches from Lisbon.

The travel notes collected in The Moon, Come to Earth (originally published on McSweeney’s) form Graham’s exuberant yet introspective account of a year’s sojourn in Lisbon. His lyrical accounts reveal his struggles with (and love of) the Portuguese language, an awkward meeting with Nobel laureate José Saramago, and being trapped in a budding soccer riot—but he also waxes loving about Portugal’s saudade-drenched music, its inventive cuisine, and its vibrant literary culture.
Get your free e-book edition of The Moon, Come to Earth during the month of July.

Have a terrific week and happy reading.
Talk to you soon,
Angela
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Eeeep! A free book... a free darn book :D
    Can. Not. Wait.
    I've been meaning to read something travel-ly. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome! Hope your week is fantastic :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...