Friday, July 15, 2011

Review: I Was Told There'd Be Cake

Looking for a fun, quick read? I just finished I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley. It's a collection of essays that are too DARN funny! It's a great summer read that doesn't involve an ounce of thinking. I'm all for not one iota of activity, even if it is just thinking. It's so dang hot. It feels like the sun has suddenly moved to within a mile of my yard. I had to change my shirt due to the unsightly armpit wetness that seeped its way down to almost my waist. Slight exaggeration. But still gross. It was a cute shirt too. Oh. Focus Angela. The book. Here's the description from the back: 
I Was Told There'd Be Cake: EssaysFrom accidentally despoiling an exhibit at the Museum of Natural History to siccing the cops on the wrong neighbor, Sloane Crosley can do no right, despite the best of intentions - or perhaps because of them. In a sharp, original storytelling style that confounds expectations at every turn, Crosley recounts her victories and catastrophes with an irresistible voice that is all her own, finding genuine insights in the most unpredictable places.
Happy reading and try to stay cool,
Angela 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...