Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Free Crime Fiction eBook. No Strings Attached.

Saturday I wrote about the birth of the ebook and today I'm writing about a free one. You guys are going to think I'm a crazy-for-ebooks nut job. The nut job part might be right, but I seriously have not read a complete ebook. I started one once after downloading an ebook app on my Android phone. But that's as far as I got. I started it. I like to actually hold a book in my hands, booklight never really illuminating the words I'm trying to read (I WILL find the ultimate booklight. Someday.). And then falling asleep, book falling to the floor losing my page, and reading the same couple of pages till I find the spot where I was the previous night. And so on. Goodtimes, goodtimes.

Download The Score by Richard Stark for free this month compliments of The University of Chicago Press. The University of Chicago Press has embarked on a project to return the early volumes (20 to be exact) of this series to print for a new generation of readers to discover—and become addicted to.

Richard Stark is one of the preeminent authors and inventors of noir crime fiction. Richard Stark is also a pseudonym (one of many) used by Donald E. Westlake a Grandmaster mystery writer. He died in 2008, but his work certainly lives on.

The Score (aka Killtown) is the fifth book in the Parker series. Parker is a professional thief who lets nothing get in the way of a payday. In The Score. Parker is invited by a new acquaintance to plan a complicated heist in a North Dakota town. A dozen men are on the complex job, but one has a secret personal motive that will mess up what could have been a nice, clean operation.

The free ebook is available through September in the Kindle, Google eBook, Barnes & Noble / Nook, and Sony Reader Stores.

Happy reading,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...