Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Random Ramblings

It's a rainy, dreary day here. A good day for a nap, or rambling on the internet, or organizing closets... I'm going to opt for rambling right now. I've already been to the post office to ship books that were ordered. I'm allowed. At least for a little while. Right? 

Hubby just informed me of a 5.9 earthquake that occurred 83 miles southeast of Washington DC and 41 miles northwest of Richmond, VA. Movement was felt in skyscrapers in Manhattan. I hope everyone is ok. Oh good. No injuries were reported.

I never did get to Barnes and Noble the other day. Darn it. Oh well, Baby Girl starts school soon so there will be less "taxi"ing during the day. On a happier note, we dug out the school supply box to assess what I needed to buy and she reminded me of another one I had started last year...I won't have to buy notebooks, pencils, or pens for the next three years! With all the mayhem of the move in June, I wasn't sure what we needed. And I'm broke. It was a nice surprise. I do need to order a 2012 Kaplan AP World History study guide she needs. But that's no biggie.

Thursdays at EightOne of the books on my nightstand is Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber. I know, sooo 2001. There is a thought-provoking quote at the beginning of each chapter. Chapter 13 contains one by Margaret Mitchell that caught my eye, "Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." But the one on Chapter 17 by Shari R. Barr is my fav so far, "Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." 

Well I guess my time is up. I have to list some books. They should have been done already, as this is one of the busiest weeks of the year for bookselling.  I've just been running out of day. Do you ever feel like that? Just when I get in a rhythm, the family reminds me that they like to eat, you know, EVERY DAY. They're just spoiled, I tell them. Just kidding. Talk to you soon. 

Happy reading,
Angela 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...