Saturday, February 25, 2012

Easy Peasy DIY Book Re-purposing Projects

Feeling crafty? Following are some pretty nifty ideas for recycling some old books I found while wandering around the internet. Yes, I know that the desecration of a book, any book, is taboo to many. Just think of it as living on...a reincarnation, if you will.

Make a Purse

Check out this cute handbag brought to us by Chrisjob at Curbly.com. The step-by-step video is awesome for the craft-challenged such as myself. I also love that the materials list is pretty basic.  Here's the link to get all the juicy details on how to fashion one of these beauties yourself.



Make a Book Headboard

I am surprised at how much I LOVE this! The creator, jessyratfink, wrote "My apartment doesn't have much on the walls. I've always wanted a headboard. I love books. Answer? Book headboard." The materials list is not outrageous, and the directions look very easy to follow. Some people's creativity is truly astonishing! Here's the link with the directions to make your own.



A Literary Clock

I love, love, love this idea. The project require very few materials and how sweet would this be in a kid's room? The author, mdhaworth, also suggests using a cookbook for a kitchen clock. Here's the link for the step-by-step how-to.


Secret Storage

Need a place to hide your chocolate stash from the kids? Here are the directions for hollowing out an old hardcover book.


An Invisible Book Shelf

I can see myself doing this one with my to-be-read pile next to my side of the bed. We don't have room for nightstands. And, as a bonus, it would be limited to one stack. One VERY BIG stack...Hubby will love it. Here's the tutorial on this one.



Some Literary Illumination...Make Lamps

Table Lamp

Another great idea! This would be perfect on a nightstand (if you have one) or a cozy reading corner.  Here are the handy directions for this one.


Floor Lamp

Another crafty idea. This time for a floor lamp...The directions are similar to the table lamp. Here they are.



Let your creative juices flow. Let me know if you try any of these projects and how they turn out. I'd love to hear from you. Have a fantastic weekend.


Angela



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...