|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
1. I hope to successfully complete the challenges I've signed up for. Together they total 62 books. Sounds doable right now, but we'll see once summer and gardening comes around again :)
Did you read about Slate writer, Jeff Ryan, who resolved to a book a day in 2012? He did it. He has the same plan for 2013.
2. I'd love to see how many indie bookstores in Wisconsin I can visit in 2013. Wouldn't that be fun? Little weekend road trips.
3. This is my first year signing up for challenges, and another first would be to sign up for a read-a-thon.
4. I don't usually have a problem not finishing books that don't grab me right away. But I'd like to keep that mind-set. So many books, so little time - and all that jazz. No need to read something that I don't enjoy.
5. I would love to attend more literary events in 2013.
6. I need to read my Kindle freebies! I have a ton and am grateful, but I need to read them.
7. Read the book before seeing the movie. I can never seem to read the book after seeing the film adaptation....
8. I think it would be fun to re-read the Nancy Drew series.
9. Read from at least 5 different genres. Expand my horizons out of my comfort zone.
10. I have got to STOP starting another book before finishing the ones I'm reading. I think I have four started on my night-stack of books right now. It's ridiculous.
So what about you? What are your bookish goals for the new year?