Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bill Moyers and the Bane of Banned Books


Continuing with posts for Banned Books Week...

Award-winning broadcast journalist Bill Moyers and his wife, Judith Davidson Moyers were named Honorary co-chairs of this year's Banned Books Week campaign. Bill did a video essay titled, The Bane of Banned Books, in which he discusses book banning and the harms of censorship. He also talks about how libraries provided his first opportunity to indulge his love of reading and learning, and shares his dismay over efforts to remove books from schools and libraries in modern times.



Here's my post I did for last year's campaign, and if you haven't seen it, here's a fantastic video that the Arizona bookstore Bookmans, did to kick off the 2012 virtual read-out.

Happy reading of any books you choose,
Angela






2 comments:

  1. I love reading any book I choose and some banned books are my favorites ever! Great video! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! Some of my faves are on the list. Thanks so much for coming by Jess :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...