Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Oh, how Pinteresting! Literary Ink


Book Riot recently sent out a shout-out to their Facebook fans to expose themselves...

Their literary tattoos, that is.

It was so much fun to look at everybody's literary ink, that I had to check out my beloved Pinterest for more inspiration.



 
To Kill a Mockingbird




Sylvia Plath




Alice in Wonderland




Where's Waldo? What a crafty idea!




Love this Alice in Wonderland tat




Ernest Hemingway




Terry Pratchett's Discworld







LOVE this!




This is just cool as heck!


I wonder if it looks as good on skinny arms such as mine? You're right. It might look like I have leprosy, so I'll keep looking for me... But it looks good on this person...

I had to limit myself as to not bore the heck out of you. But I have a lot more favorites pinned on my literary ink board.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Do you have any tattoos? I have one. A "tramp stamp" on my lower back. When my baby was about 5 she happened to see that it STILL hadn't washed off! Hers always washed off. Sometimes it took TWO baths, but they came off. She was quite upset and offered to scrub. I really don't know when she realized I was gipped and it was never going to come off....But I think she's made peace with it.

It's so lovely to see you and we'll talk soon,
Angela






19 comments:

  1. I like the first Alice one and the e.e. cummings one. These are great. I have a quill tattoo. That counts as literary right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those too. A quill tattoo totally counts, Juju. How very cool! Thanks for coming by, it's always great to see you.

      Delete
  2. How weird is it that I just finished reading an email from my tattoo artist? She's working on my very literary design right now :) The process is a long one but I'll definitely be sharing it when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be fantastic! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

      Delete
  3. Those are some pretty interesting tattoos. I love the one on the woman's back with the tower of books and the girl climbing the ladder to get a book. That's pretty creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's one of my favorites. Thank you for coming by, Anne. It's so good to see you and have a happy Easter.

      Delete
  4. These are so interesting and beautiful. I love the one with the book stack going up the spine! I'm just too much of a chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would take some serious dedication of skin real estate, and pain tolerance. But it's just so cool.

      Delete
  5. These are very interesting tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so great?! Thank you so much for coming by, Dani.

      Delete
  6. Hi Angela, I love the Alice ‘have I gone mad’ one and the stack of books – that one is truly amazing, but it must have hurt like heck to get it done. I like them but I don’t like pain, so I won’t be having one any time soon. Pinterest is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of pain either. Pinterest IS fabulous, but a huge time-suck! I can easily lose a whole afternoon. Have a Happy Easter, it's great to see you.

      Delete
  7. I love tattoos, and seeing all the different kinds that are available. I mean, they are so unique, and everyone has different taste. They are the ULTIMATE artworks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. Thank you for coming by, Adrienne, have a Happy Easter :)

      Delete
  8. I don't have an tattoos (I am not a fan of needles). I love looking at all the literary tattoos. They are so amazing. I have seen some very cool Harry Potter related ones that could tempt me. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Your story about your daughter noticing your tattoo is too cute!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, you're not the only one that hates needles. Ellen Degeneres recently voiced her opinion about the flu shot. She said, "You know what's in the flu shot? The flu. And do you know what's in the needles? Needles!"
      yep. she had her camera guy get the flu shot.

      Delete
  9. Aww, the story about your kiddo made me smile. I have a Vonnegut tattoo-- "Goddamnit, you've got to be kind" from "There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind" in God Bless You, Mr Rosewater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, Thanks a million for stopping by! Your tattoo sounds incredible, I'd love to see a photo (if it's family friendly :)
      Just writing the story about my baby girl made me smile too... Again, thanks for coming by. Don't be a stranger :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...